Ask the FounderVBF Announces "Ask The VBF Founder." Linda Rozell-Shannon is the leading lay expert (non doctor) in the world on the subject of vascular birthmarks.
Babies with Birthmarks™
Our newest program - guidelines for physicians to follow to diagnose and treat vascular birthmarks with the earliest intervention.
Recent Medical Papers and Research
Simple things you can do to manage KTS (Dr. Delfanian and Linda Shannon)
Ulcer Care and Treatment (pdf)
Information for Parents
What if the VBF earned a penny every time you searched the Internet? Now it can! GoodSearch.com is a new Yahoo-powered search engine, with a unique social mission... every time you use GoodSearch, money is generated to support the mission of VBF. Just go to www.goodsearch.com and be sure to enter the Vascular Birthmarks Foundation as the charity you want to support. The more people who use this site, the more money we'll earn so please spread the word! Go to http://www.goodsearch.comIf you think your child has a hemangioma Click Here...
If you think you or your child has a port wine stain Click Here...
If you think you or your child has a venous malformation Click Here...
Chapters of the VBF
Anomalie Vasculaire Site for French speakers worldwide, and friend of VBF that offers support and information about vascular birthmarks
Publications for Parents:
- VBF Vascular Birthmarks Brochure - Download and Print - A comprehensive brochure describing all vascular birthmark types, syndromes and treatment options. To print, click here (you will need the Acrobat Reader to view and print this document).
- Doctor Visit Survey Have you been seen by a doctor to assess a vascular birthmark? Please click here and complete our survey. This survey will be used to provide feedback to the doctors about the information and treatment they provide to families affected by a vascular birthmark. Complete your survey and mail to Corinne Barinaga, c/o VBF Director of Information Services, PO Box 106, Latham, NY 12110.
- Before you visit, email, or speak to a birthmark specialist, be sure to read our Checklist for Parents!
- Dr. Rosen's Vascular Birthmark Information for Parents
- Simple things you can do to manage KTS (Dr. Delfanian and Linda Shannon)
You will need Adobe's Acrobat Reader to open and print the pdf documents. If you do not already have it installed, you can find it here.
You will need Microsoft's Word to open and print the Word Documents.